Delve into your possibilities
What will you find in ZIRA?
An international, enthusiastic and fun team with high technical expertise. A team of dedicated professionals who are willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Ambitious projects that leave space for creativity and provide the chance to learn a lot in a short time. With us, you will have the opportunity to work across functional sectors, to grow your career and rise through the ranks and positions within the company.
At ZIRA, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That is why our aim is to offer you experiences and knowledge that will stay with you for a lifetime.
We have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
If you would like to be considered for any vacant position at ZIRA, you can submit your resume here. We will be happy to meet you.
Senior Systems Engineer:
Description of Position:
As a member of our technical staff, you will be responsible for reviewing and enhancing the architecture, designing, developing, and unit testing of all of our products. We are looking for someone with strong problem solving skills that is highly motivated and focused. The right person for this position possesses a positive attitude and desire to play a major role in a new product launch.
You will play a key role in the direction and success of the technology. Your seasoned experience will lend to a culture of fast paced innovative development, leading edge technology solutions, and a collaborative working environment that thrives on individual and team excellence.
You must have the ability to produce clear and complete functional and design specifications. You will participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging and testing. You will provide technical leadership and take ownership for component development and maintenance. You will work closely with other developers on the team to find solutions for difficult problems.
The majority of our development is done in Java, Enterprise Java Beans, JSP, and many Java technologies on Windows and Solaris.
Areas of Responsibility:
As a member of our technical staff your time will be divided among the following responsibilities:
- Architectural Contributions
- Prototype Implementations
- System Analysis and Design
- Unit Testing, Code Review, Code Analysis
- Provide expert and timely support for customer issues that reach the development team
- Process Improvement
- Mentoring Junior Staff
- Cross Functional Reviews i.e., documentation, requirements, analysis models, use cases, training material, etc.
- Participating in Customer Presentations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Up to 10 years in software development.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle iAS, BEA WebLogic Server, WebLogic Integrator, JBOSS, or IBM Websphere
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Experience using various Java patterns
- Experience in building scalable, distributed systems
- A good understanding of UNIX OS
- Degree in computer science. Equivalent experience is also acceptable
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstratable software programming skills
- Best practices in software development
- Source control
- Defect-tracking systems
- Project estimation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks
- The ability to work constructively with other people and be a contributor in a team environment
- Positive Attitude
- Must be self-motivated
It would be helpful if you are experienced with:
- A background in BSS/OSS development
- Database languages such as SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with Solaris OS
Description of Position:
As a Software Engineer in ZIRA, one will work under the supervision of the Research and Development Manager, and will be accountable for developing and maintaining key modules of in software solutions.
- Designs, develops and modifies modules based on functional and system requirements
- Work closely with the team leader for understanding the functional and system requirements
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure architectural integrity and product quality
- Participate in testing process through unit testing and bug fixes
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- Good Java development skills
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL)
- Good knowledge in Linux
- Previous working experience is advantage
- Self – motivated, team player, action – and – results oriented
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you have the interest in professional growth and you want to join a leading Software and Services company, you can register and leave your CV.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.